OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
A safe and healthy workplace is a fundamental requirement to achieving a good working environment. In recognition of this fact, Bemax maintains strong occupational health and safety policies.
continuously reviews its Occupational Safety and Health ("OS&H") performance and policies through risk management, consultation with employees and contractors and utilisation of best practice safety management.
In striving to achieve the highest level of OS&H performance, Bemax:
- Operates in compliance with an Occupational Safety
and Health Manual prepared to AS4801-2000.
- Commits to continuously improving safety and health
in the workplace by eliminating hazards, auditing performance and recognising
- Provides training and consultative mechanisms to
ensure all employees and contractors can control risks and recover from
- Ensures that its employees, contractors and their
employees understand and abide by Bemax standards.
- Implements the Company Rehabilitation Policy in order
to support the needs of persons injured in the workplace.
- Commits to establishing measurable OS&H
objectives and targets to eliminate work related injury and illnesses.
- Operates in compliance with applicable Legislation,
Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Recognises the individual and shared responsibility
that all have for OS&H.
- Accepts that management has the ultimate responsibility for the implementation of this policy.
The OS&H policy
covers all aspects of our operations including exploration, mining, production,
transport, shipping and site rehabilitation.